Guest Post Submission Guidelines
I am thrilled that you are interested in guest posting on Mothering-Matters.com!
I love receiving, reading and sharing well-written posts from a variety of moms who carry with them a truly unique viewpoint, experience, topic that Matters, story that inspires and more!
Before submitting your post for consideration, please note the following guidelines. Guests that adhere to these guidelines will be considered for publishing.
- When you submit a post, it is not a guarantee that it will be published.
- Submissions must adhere to the mission and atmosphere of Mothering-Matters.com. We want to hear what Matters to you in a way that benefits others, pertains to our readers, and stays within the encouraging and uplifting tone of Mothering Matters (ie – a topic close to your heart, your own personal experience or struggle as a mom, tips and advice on parenting, saving money, organization, being confidently unique and more. Check out our categories and tag list.).
- I love to give my readers and followers preference in guest posting! If you have shown a genuine interest in Mothering-Matters.com as a reader or follower – I want to hear from you! Submissions with a “check out my product” or “visit my site” type feel, as well as those that appear to be strictly PR- or SEO-related will not be accepted.
- Please limit your post to 500 words or less. (Check your word count using Microsoft Word or use this online Word Count Tool.)
- Posts must be high-quality, original content (i.e. not published anywhere else online).
- Use of bullets, lists and short paragraphs is highly encouraged (but not required) as it makes reading much easier.
- Type your post in an email and attach relevant images (if applicable – no more than 2. Indicate desired placement of photos in text of post). Please do not email your submission in a Word or text document or HTML format.
- Be sure that any photos you include are YOUR PHOTOS that you have either taken or purchased from a stock photo website . Free photos (downloaded from Flickr or elsewhere) and photos you have copied from other blogs will not be permitted due to copyright laws.
- Please use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Submissions which require excessive editing will not be accepted. Minor editing may occur at editor’s discretion and without notice.
- All links in your post need to be relevant and valid. If they are non-working or irrelevant to the main idea of your post, they will be removed without notice.
- Include a short bio (50 words or less) at the end of your post. Feel free to include a link to your site!
Again – Submissions that closely adhere to these guidelines are much more likely to be published! Thanks! I want you to be creative in your posts; however, these guidelines make the guest post process easier, and more beneficial for my readers as well.
If your submission is accepted, it may take between 1-2 months for it to be published. I will do my best to notify you within 1-2 weeks of it’s approval and approximate time to be posted. If not approved, you may then submit it to other blogs as desired.
Mothering Matters does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
If you would like to submit your guest post for review, please email it to email@example.com with “Guest Post Submission” in the subject line.
Please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Your URL (if applicable).
- Your post title.
- The body of your post.
- Attach any images you’d like to include (not required).
- A short bio.
I look forward to reading and sharing what Matters to you Moms!